Pentair IC40 vs IC60: Choosing between the Pentair IC40 and IC60 IntelliChlor Salt Chlorine Generators is tough. Which is best? This comparison of the Pentair IC40 and IC60 products will help you choose.
Pentair IC40 vs IC60– Quick Comparison Summary
- In comparison to Pentair IC60, Pentair IC40 is a far more popular IntelliChlor salt chlorine generator on Amazon.
The weight of the Pentair IC40 is 8 pounds, whereas the weight of the IC60 is 7.55 pounds.
The Pentair IC40 and IC60 both have excellent features, including two LED salt level indicators, two-color status displays, five sanitizer output levels with two-button control, waterproofed electronics for maximum reliability, and much more.
Pentair IC60 is less expensive than Pentair IC40, which is more expensive.
The Pentair IC40 has dimensions of 7 x 17 x 7 inches. The Pentair IC60 has dimensions of 1.5 x 0.58 x 0.58 inches.
The Pentair IC40 has the capacity to disinfect pools of up to 40,000 gallons, making it ideal for larger home pools as well as smaller commercial pools. produces up to 1.40 pounds of chlorine per day, whereas the Pentair IC60, which has additional capacity for pools up to 60,000 gallons, can produce up to 2.0 pounds per day.
The capacity to Sanitize Larger Residential and smaller Commercial Pools up to 40,000 Gallons. Produces up to 1.40 Pounds of Chlorine Every 24 Hours
With Extra Capacity for pools up to 60,000 Gallons. Produces up to 2.0 Pounds of Chlorine every 24 Hours.Up to 60,000 Gallons
Two LED Salt Level Indicators
Two-Color Status Displays
Five Sanitizer Output Levels with Two-Button Control
Waterproofed Electronics for Maximum Reliability
Automatic Shut-off Feature Protects
7 x 17 x 7 Inches
1.5 x 0.58 x 0.58 Inches
Does it include union joints?
How do you switch off the unit?
is the c40 chorine gene replacement cell. In comparison to my old cell, it must be mounted upside down. Also, the new one appears to have a chilly wind.
Is this a whole set with an 8-foot wire for the IC40?
I have a 30000-gallon pool; should I get an IC 40 or an IC 60?
How long is the warranty?
I'm replacing an existing IC40 that was put in a few years ago. My pool only holds 18,000 gallons. Is there a valid explanation for the IC40 vs. IC20?
Amazon.com Description: Pentair IC40 vs IC60
About this item – Pentair 520555 IntelliChlor IC40 Salt Chlorine Generator Cell (US Version)
- being able to interface with automation systems that use IntelliTouch, EasyTouch, and SunTouchcertified for safety per the UL 1081 standard; NSF-endorsed; 7 inches long, 7 inches high, and 17 inches wide.
- A Standard for the Technology of Chlorine Generators Electrolytic chlorine generation is now more dependable, safe, and convenient thanks to IntelliChlor generators.
- But, it helps to first comprehend how the IntelliChlor generator functions in order to grasp why it is superior.
- Clear displays make it easy to check the salt level, cell cleanliness, sanitizer output, and water flow quickly.Adjusting only requires the pressing of two buttons.
- For maximum cell life, on-time cycling prevents calcium and scale build-up.
- Automates Pentair Compool with EasyTouch Upgrade Full performance information, such as production parameters, operating times, chlorine output, cell cleaning cycles, and saltThe real-time cell life tracking tool updates the user on the remaining battery hours.
- To make pool maintenance even easier, the salt is reused every day. This is different from traditional chlorine additives, which always need to be refilled. The generator even takes care of itself.
- It has an automatic reverse cycle that keeps scale from building up and helps the cells last longer.
necessary 520556 Smartlor Power Center (sold separately)At low water temperatures, the automatic shut-off feature safeguards the device and increases cell life.
- Less than a teaspoon of table salt (sodium chloride) per gallon of pool water is all that is required when adding salt to the water. As the dissolved salt moves through the generator cell, it is changed by electrolysis into pure chlorine.
- Pure chlorine is then dispersed throughout the pool, disinfecting the water and keeping it clean, clear, and safe for swimmers.
About this item – Pentair IntelliChlor IC60 Cell
- Monitoring chlorine production, water flow, salt levels, and cell cleanliness is a cinch thanks to the control display’s user-friendly features. The IntelliChlor Chlorine Generating Cell is unrivaled in terms of strength and dependability.
- Each and every cell is made of titanium blades that have been coated in ruthenium oxide, which produces chlorine. Large threaded unions on the salt cell make it simple to install or swap out your current cell.
- The salt water that flows through the cell’s plates is automatically converted to pure chlorine by the IntelliChlor IC60 Salt Chlorinator. You are still using chlorine to sanitize water using a salt chlorinator, but the chlorine is in a more pure form.
- Swimming pool water feels velvety and silky smooth thanks to the salt chlorination procedure. Swimming is made more comfortable and safe with the use of the IntelliChlor salt chlorinator.
- The IntelliChlor cell is the brains behind this state-of-the-art chlorine-generating device.
- All performance data (settings, hours of operation, chlorine output, cell cleaning cycles, salt readings, and average water temperature) must be collected every day.
- Push-button controls and easy-to-read displays make it easy to check the salt level, the cleanliness of the cell, the amount of sanitizer coming out, and the flow of water quickly.
- At low water temperatures, the automatic shut-off feature safeguards the device and increases cell life.For maximum cell life, on-time cycling prevents calcium and scale build-up.
- Included is a lengthy 15′ UL-approved cable. The IntelliChlor cell also has waterproof electronics, so you won’t need to worry about leaks or other problems causing damage to the controls.
- Make sure to check the salt cell every three months to make it last longer. Over time, calcium can accumulate inside the plates, which can impair the cell’s ability to produce chlorine.
- To make cleaning the cell easier, use a salt cell acid washing kit (Pentair 520670 IntelliChlor Acid Cleaning Kit).
- The IntelliChlor cell has a control display built right into the device, unlike most other well-known salt chlorination systems that employ a power center with a display to manage the chlorination.
- Complete diagnostic capabilities, including real-time cell life tracking that communicates the time left on the cell.
- Communication capabilities with SunTouch, IntelliTouch, and EasyTouch Automation SystemsThe 60,000-gallon-capacity Pentair IntelliChlor IC60 Replacement Salt Cell 521105 is intended to sanitize swimming pools.
- The power source for the Pentair IntelliChlor IC60 salt cell, which is available separately, comes with a 15-foot cable.