Philips Hue A19 vs A21: It is a difficult decision to choose between the Philips Hue A19 and the Philips Hue A21. Both bulbs are excellent choices for smart bulbs that are Bluetooth and Zigbee compatible, but which is the better choice? In this Philips Hue A19 vs A21 comparison review, we’ll look at the two products side by side to see which is the better choice.
Philips Hue A19 vs A21 – Quick Comparison Summary
- The power output of the Philips Hue A21 is 100 watts, while that of the Philips Hue A19 is just 75 watts.
- The Philips Hue A19 has a brightness of 1100 Lumens, whilst the Philips Hue A21 has a brightness of 1600 Lumens. (Measure of the amount of brightness of a lightbulb) The higher the lumen, the brighter the light.
- LED lighting characterises both the Philips Hue A19 and the Philips Hue A21 models.
- The Philips Hue A19 has a manufacturer’s warranty that is valid for two years, whereas the Philips Hue A21 has a warranty that is valid for three years.
- The Philips Hue A19 is a more cost-effective option.
- The weight of the Philips Hue A19 is only 4.2 ounces, whereas the weight of the Philips Hue A21 is 6.4 ounces.
Both the Philips Hue A19 and the Philips Hue A21 are extremely well-liked light bulbs.
Philips Hue A19
Philips Hue A21
Synthetic Polymer (PMMA)
Country of Origin
2.4 x 2.4 x 4.3 inches
2.63 x 2.63 x 5.2 inches
Is a hub required to link them to Alexa?
To link Alexa devices, do these lamps utilise zigbee or bluetooth? The echo dot (3rd generation) is mentioned in the description, however it does not have a zigbee hub.
What is the colour temperature of this bulb? 2700k? 500k?
Is it possible to convert it to a cold white?
Is it possible for someone to clarify what you mean when you claim you need a hub to connect to Alexa?
Is it possible to link this to an Echo Dot 3rd Generation without a hub?
Amazon.com Description: Philips Hue A19 vs A21
About this item – Philips Hue White A19 Medium Lumen Smart Bulb, 1100 Lumens, Bluetooth & Zigbee Compatible (Hue Hub Optional), Compatible with Alexa & Google Assistant
- To get improved capabilities like away-from-home management and Sync with Music, add a Hue Bridge to your Bluetooth-controlled setup.
- Give your biggest rooms a boost of brightness with this powerful, smart light. With a 2700 colour temperature and a brightness similar to a standard 75-watt bulb, this bulb can elegantly brighten living areas, kitchens, and more. Dimmable features enable you to adjust the brightness level.
- Do you own the Hue Hub? You may use timers to gradually lower your smart lighting throughout the day.
- With the touch of a button, the sound of your voice, or smart light accessories, you can easily manage your smart lights.
- With ease, you can create the ideal mood for any event across your whole house.
- Amazon Echo or Google Home can be used to control your Hue lights with voice commands.
- Throughout the day, use pre-set light scenarios to get the right light for reading, relaxing, focusing, or waking up.
About this item – Philips Hue White A21 High Lumen Smart Bulb, 1600 Lumens, Bluetooth & Zigbee compatible (Hue Hub Optional), Works with Alexa & Google Assistant
- Possibilities are endless. With Bluetooth voice-activated smart lights, you can turn on smart lighting hands-free in any room. You can control your smart lights with your voice if you connect your Hue lights to an Amazon Echo or Google Home device that works with them.
- Set the mood: Throughout your whole house, create the ideal mood for every event. This smart bulb has a dazzling light output of 1600 lumens.
- Easy Installation: Philips Hue with Bluetooth is the simplest method to begin using smart lighting. With Bluetooth-enabled LED smart bulbs and the Hue Bluetooth app, you can manage up to 10 smart lights in a room in an instant.
- Unlock Hue’s Full Potential. To get improved capabilities like away-from-home management, add a Hue Smart Hub to your Bluetooth-controlled setup (Hue Hub sold separately).
- Enjoy the right shade of warm white light to match any décor and assist you in your everyday work, whether you wish to create your own scenarios or utilise the preset light recipes.
- Hue White smart lighting is completely dimmable, making it the ideal starting point for creating the appropriate atmosphere in your home.