Roborock S5 vs Roomba 980: Roborock S5 vs Roomba 980: When it comes to robotic vacuum cleaners, the Roborock S5 and the Roomba 980 are both fantastic alternatives, but which one is the best? Read on to find out. In our Roborock S5 vs Roomba 980 comparison review, we’re looking to see which device is the better overall value for money.
Roborock S5 vs Roomba 980 – Quick Comparison Summary
- When measured in inches, the Roomba 980’s dimensions are 18.9 x 16.69 x 5.28, while the Roborock S5’s dimensions are 20.08 x 16.93 x 5.91 inches.
- The Roomba 980 is less expensive.
When compared to the Roomba 980, the Roborock S5 is quite popular on Amazon.
- In comparison, the Roborock S5 has a runtime of 180 minutes, while the Roomba 980 can run continuously for up to 120 minutes.
- Both the Roborock S5 and the Roomba 980 are compatible with Alexa.
- Google Assistant is compatible with the Roomba 980. However, it is not compatible with the Roborock S5.
- The Roborock S5 has a bin capacity of 15.6 oz, but the Roomba 980 has a bin capacity of 20 oz.
- Weight-wise, the Roborock S5 weighs 13 pounds, whereas the Roomba 980 weighs just 11 pounds.
Is it okay to pour a little white vinegar to the tank to help with cleaning?
Answer: We usually don't recommend adding anything to the water since the bubbles created by the chemical ingredient in the cleaner might clog the filter, resulting in no water coming out. Customers may want to give it a try. If everything is in order, we believe it is safe to proceed. However, if anything goes wrong when mopping, immediately wipe the tank with water and stop using the cleaner.
Which do you think is the better deal, at $540 after discount or $570 after coupon: this or the S6?
Answer: The S5 max features the most up-to-date technology and can route either horizontally or longitudinally, depending on what makes the most sense in the given space. Because it uses newer technology than the original S5, it will most likely have the same battery efficiency as the S6 (consequently sacrificing an unnoticeable amount of suction). I'm not sure why it's called the S5 Max, and I'm not sure how much it costs. I believe you should go for the s4 for a full-fledged vacuum beast or the s5 max to have the beast drag a wet cloth around the home after it. If the bulk of your floors are hard surface, the s5 max is, in my opinion, the clear pick over the s6.
Is there a spot cleaning button on the vacuum or do you have to use the app?
Answer: It will go into Spot Cleaning mode if you press the Dock button for at least 3 seconds. In theory, there is a button that does this. It will return to its dock if you push the Dock button momentarily.
Is it possible to get a self-emptying dock for the Samsung Galaxy S5?
No, the answer is no. The S5 does not work with the auto-empty dock.
Will you be able to find your home on this map? And do you vacuum in straight lines instead of erratic like most people?
No, the answer is no. The path is erratic. Misses a few locations. I can't seem to get rugs to move on hardwood floors.
What should I do if my cat pees on the floor?
Answer: I wouldn't use the Roomba to clean it. Clean up pet urine enzyme cleanser manually on carpet, tile, or wood.
Is this compatible with Google?
Answer: According to the Amazon ad, charging the Suoaki 500 with their 100w solar panel takes 7-8 hours... According to the Jackery's Amazon page, the 100w solar panel takes 9.5 hours to charge... So the Suoaki only charges 25% quicker than the Jackery, not the double or 100% faster claimed by another reviewer... So choose between the Suoaki's 25 percent faster charging speed or the Jackery's 500 watts or 65 percent greater power inverter...
Is this compatible with Google?
Yes, it says widths with Google and Amazon in the app.
Is it possible to clean the container with water?
No, there is an electric motor in it. I knock dirt off the filter by slamming it against the trash can, then vacuum or clean out the bin. It cleans my 500 square foot living room 4-5 times before it fills up. I usually clear my trash once a week.
How does this work when there are dog toys all throughout the house? Will it attempt to suck them up or move around them, or will it push them away?
Answer: I have a dog that is infatuated with his toys, which are often strewn around the house. My Roomba 980 would push the larger ones about, and some of the smaller rope toys may catch and jam the Roomba. So I do a little prepping before vacuuming... I gather his toys and place them in his toy basket... (I also open the curtains and make sure that any electric cables are out of Roomba's path.)
Amazon.com Description: Roborock S5 vs Roomba 980
About this item – Roborock S5 MAX Robot Vacuum and Mop, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Lidar Navigation, Selective Room Cleaning, No-mop Zones, 2000Pa Powerful Suction, 180min Runtime, Works with Alexa(White)
- Serious Cleaning Power: A maximum suction power of 2000 Pa efficiently removes debris from floors, and Carpet Boost guarantees that each carpet receives maximum suction. 180 minutes of nonstop cleaning can cover large houses in a single cleaning.
- App and Voice Control: The Roborock app allows you to control every aspect of your robot from anywhere. With Amazon Alexa integration, you can start and stop cleanups and more with the power of your voice.
- Save up to four layers of maps, including individual rooms, No-Go Zones, No-Mop Zones, and Invisible Walls, to give you complete control over where and when your robot cleans.
- Make sure each room in your house has the right amount of water flow, as well as your favourite water flow, to get the right amount of cleaning power.
- Effective Cleaning: The combination of precision LiDAR navigation and adaptive route algorithms ensures that your floor is cleaned completely and efficiently every time.
About this item – iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Power Boost Technology, Black (Renewed)
- The High Efficiency Filter captures 99 percent of cat and dog allergies.
The robot uses patented iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with vSLAM technology to map its surroundings and clean the full level of your house, including around items and under furniture.
- Ideal for pet-friendly households, Dual Multi-Surface Rubber It cleans the filth and pet hair you see and the allergies and dust you don’t.
- Dual Multi-Surface Rubber It cleans the dirt and pet hair you see and the allergens and dust you don’t. Brushes flex and adapt to keep in touch with carpets and hard flooring.
- Power Lifting Suction generates 10X the air power for improved pick-up performance.carpet cleaning performance automatically (compared to Roomba 600 Series and AeroVac System).