Roomba e5 vs 960: When it comes to a robot vacuum that is wifi-connected and works with Alexa, what are the key differences between the Roomba e5 and the Roomba 960? The objective of this comparative study of the Roomba e5 and the Roomba 960 is to determine which of these two models is the superior self-charging robotic vacuum.
Roomba e5 vs 960 – Quick Comparison Summary
Popular models on the market from iRobot include the Roomba e5 and the Roomba 960.
The Roomba e5 is more affordable, while the Roomba 960 is more costly.
The runtime of the Roomba e5 is 90 minutes, but that of the Roomba 960 is just 75 minutes.
Comparedively, the Roomba e5’s Deep Cleaning score is 86 percent, while the Roomba 960’s score is 89.6 percent.
The dust cup on the Roomba e5 is 0.5 litres, whereas the dust cup on the Roomba 960 is 0.6 litres.
Comparatively, the Roomba e5 does not have the options to recharge or resume, nor does it have a virtual wall. The Roomba 960 does
There is a one-year warranty included with both the Roomba e5 and the Roomba 960.
The weight of the Roomba e5 is 7.23 pounds, whereas the weight of the Roomba 960 is 8.6 pounds.
Roomba e5 – Robotic Vacuums
Roomba 960 – Robotic Vacuums
No. of Programs
13.45 x 13.39 x 3.65 inches
13.8 x 13.8 x 3.6 inches
1 Home Base® Charging Station, 1 North American Line Cord, 1 Roomba® e5 Robot Vacuum
1 Dual Mode Virtual Wall® Barrier – 1 Extra AeroForce® High-Efficiency Filter – 1 Extra Side Brush – 1 Home Base® Charging Station – 1 Line Cord – Owner’s Guide – Documentation Package
1 year limited.
1 year limited.
Recharge & Resume
In a one-bedroom apartment, I have two dogs, two cats, and largely laminate floors with some rugs. This or 960?
What about human hair that is long? We have four girls with long hair that have trouble wrapping their hair around vacuum brushes.
Is it possible for the E5 to cross high thresholds (1/2 inch) between rooms with various types of flooring, such as hard woods and tile or carpet?
How well does it handle pet hair? I have three huskies and never feel like I clean the floors thoroughly enough.
If a cat sits on the navigation system, would it cease working?
Is the Roomba 960 less likely to collide with obstructions or furniture legs than the Roomba 770?
Amazon.com Description: Roomba e5 vs 960
About this item – iRobot Roomba E5 (5150) Robot Vacuum – Wi-Fi Connected, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum
- ADAPTIVE NAVIGATION: Roomba can go under and around furniture, as well as along edges, thanks to a comprehensive set of sophisticated sensors. It is kept from tumbling down the steps by Cliff Detect.
- Perfect for Pet-Friendly Homes—Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Pet hair does not tangle up brushes. Brushes flex and adapt to keep in contact with carpets and hard flooring.
- The High-Efficiency Filter captures 99 percent of cat and dog dander allergens.
Dirt Detect Sensors notify your robot about dirtier areas of your home, such as high-traffic areas, and they clean them more thoroughly.
- It learns your life and listens to your voice- learns your cleaning routines to provide tailored schedules, while Google Assistant and Alexa allow you to start cleaning simply by speaking.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE A Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 5X the Power-Lifting Suction of PICK-UP pulls in difficult dirt and debris.With the iRobot HOME app or your voice assistant, you can control how you clean.
About this item – iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
- The Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and Power-Lifting Suction produce 5X the air power* for improved pick-up performance.
The premium 3-stage cleaning system removes filth, dust, and pet hair by loosening, lifting, and sucking it up.
- Rubber with two surfaces Brushes adapt and flex immediately to maintain consistent contact with flooring.
- The High-Efficiency Filter captures 99 percent of allergens, pollen, and dust as fine as 10 microns.
- It cleans a whole level of your home in a systematic and logical manner, using floor tracking sensors .82 liter volume capacity For better pick-up capability, Power-Lifting Suction produces 5X the air pressure.
The iRobot Home App has been updated to improve your overall cleaning experience. Take advantage of features that fit your schedule.
- ideal for pet-friendly homes. The High-Efficiency Filter captures 99 percent of allergens, pollen, and dust as fine as 10 microns. The robot uses patented iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with vSLAM technology to map its surroundings and clean an entire floor of your home.