SB6183 vs SB8200:Which of these two great cable modems is the best? The SB6183 and the SB8200 each have a wide variety of functions, but which is the best? In this SB6183 vs SB8200 comparison review, we’re attempting to find which is the superior product.
SB6183 vs SB8200 – Quick Comparison Summary
- Arris Surfboard SB6183 is cheaper.
- The Arris SB8200 is a popular and costly surfboard on Amazon.
- SB8200 is the most recent version, while SB6183 is the oldest.
- The maximum speed of the Arris SB6183 is 686 Mbps, while the maximum speed of the Arris SB8200 is 1000 Mbps.
- The Arris SB8200 is the most recent DOCSIS 3.1 model, while the SB6183 is an older DOCSIS 3.0 model.
- The Arris Surfboard SB8200 is a Gigabit Cable Modem.
Maximum Downstream Data Transfer Rate
1 Gigabits Per Second
Downstream x Upstream Channels
16 downstream X 4
32 x 8
Date First Available
July 31, 2014
January 19, 2017
5.25 x 2.17 x 5 inches
5 x 2 x 5 inches
2-year limited warranty
2-year limited warranty
Is it possible for ARRIS/Motorola to provide firmware upgrades for the 6183 through downloads to the consumer's own computer? If not, what is the reason behind this?
The SB6183 and the SB6180 are two different models of modem. What is the difference between them?
Do the majority of customers require such a fast cable modem? I have Comcast performance....is this overkill or is it futureproofing with docis 3.1 on Horizaen? I have Comcast performance....is this overkill or is it futureproofing?
Is there a wps button on this modem that can be used to set up tp-link wifi extenders?
Is it WiFi 6 compatible?
Is this compatible with WiFi 6?
Is it compatible with Verzion Fios?
About this item – ARRIS SURFboard T25 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem | Certified for Xfinity Internet & Voice (Black) for plans up to 1000 Mbps
- Harness the power of DOCSIS 3.0 technology to bond up to 16 downstream channels and 4 upstream channels. The ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 enhances your personal media experience, at fast broadband speed.
- Get speeds up to 686 Mbps download and 131 Mbps upload (speeds based on your Cable Internet service provider). Compatible with most U.S. cable providers.
- Features DOCSIS 3.0 technology to bond up to 16 downstream channels and 4 upstream channels.
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 Internet standard.
- Requires Cable Internet Service. If you are unsure of your service, please contact your CABLE provider to confirm.
About this item – ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem | Approved for Cox, Xfinity, Spectrum & others | White , Max Internet Speed Plan 1000 Mbps
- DOCSIS 3 1 Cable Modem best for cable internet speed plans up to 1 Gbps. Note, a 2nd IP address is required from your cable internet provider to reach 1 Gbps.
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3 0 bonded channels, 2 downstream x 2 upstream OFDM DOCSIS 3 1 channels
- Two 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, Century-link or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
- Cable internet service required; Does not include WI-Fi and does not support cable digital voice service