Schumacher SC1280 vs SC1281: When it’s time to charge your car battery, Schumacher offers two options: the SC1280 and SC1281. In this blog, we’ll compare these user-friendly chargers to help you decide which one suits your needs best.
Schumacher SC1280 vs SC1281 – Quick Comparison Summary
- Both the Schumacher SC1280 and the Schumacher SC1281 are extremely well-liked automatic battery chargers now available on the market.
- When compared to the more expensive Schumacher SC1281, the Schumacher SC1280 is a more affordable option.
- While the Schumacher SC1281 contains a battery/alternator tester and wrap clutches that make it possible to store cords in a secure and handy manner, the Schumacher SC1280 does not have these features.
- The Schumacher SC1280 Amps has a rating of 15A, whereas the SC1281 Boost has a rating of 30A.
- The charging time required for the Schumacher SC1280 is over four hours, whereas the charging time required for the Schumacher SC1281 is only two hours.
- Both the Schumacher SC1280 and the Schumacher SC1281 have a number of fantastic features in common, including the following: Reverse Hook-up Protection; Display Type: Digital Display; Voltage: 6V/12V; Maintenance Mode; Desulfator Mode; No Heavy Duty Modes; and a great deal more.
- The weight of the Schumacher SC1280 is 3.05 pounds, whereas the weight of the Schumacher SC1281 is 12.65 pounds.
- The dimensions of the Schumacher SC1280 are 9.96 inches by 4.29 inches by 10.03 inches, whereas the dimensions of the Schumacher SC1281 are 7.25 inches by 10.75 inches by 11.13 inches.
Wrap Cleats allow for safe and convenient cord storage
6V | 12V
6V | 12V
Standard, AGM, Gel, Deep-cycle
Standard, AGM, Gel, Deep-cycle
Reverse Hook-up Protection
No Heavy Duty Modes
Color-coded battery clamps
9.96 x 4.29 x 10.03 inches
7.25 x 10.75 x 11.13 inches
Will this fit my 1995 Toyota Camry with four cylinders? How do I put it to use? Is it risk-free to use? How long will it take to fully charge a dead battery?
What is the length of the power cord?
Is this OK for a deep-cycle marine battery? Is there an engine start mode to jump-start the battery?
Is there a built-in battery in this that I can use to jump my car while on the go? Or do I need to have access to a power outlet?
What is the product's warranty?
My charger charges or floats at more than 15 volts, which appears to be excessive. Is this a faulty item, or is this normal?
Is it a four-stage charger (bulk, absorption, float, and equalization)?
What does 2/6 signify? Is this information about the trickle or the battery maintenance mode?
What makes this model (SC1281) different from the more expensive model (SC1308)? Are the descriptions the same?
Will it start charging if the battery is completely dead?
Will it deplete the battery if I leave this connected to a battery but not hooked into a wall?
The readout displays Sul. What exactly does this mean?
I want to charge faster; is charging with 30 amps instead of 2 amps a bad idea? Is it harmful to the battery?
Amazon.com Description: Schumacher SC1280 vs SC1281
About this item – Schumacher SC1280 Fully Automatic Battery Charger and Maintainer 15 Amp/3 Amp, 6V/12V – for Marine and Automotive Batteries
- Charging at Multiple Stages Utilize the sophisticated charging algorithm developed by Schumacher to ensure the best possible condition for your batteries at all times.
- The Schumacher SC1280 is a fully automatic device that can automatically distinguish between 6V and 12V batteries. When the battery reaches its maximum capacity, the device will automatically switch to maintenance mode and stop charging the battery.
- BUILT-IN PROTECTION With its reverse hook-up prevention, the SC1280 avoids damage to the battery by preventing the charger from functioning if the clamps are connected in the wrong order.
- Display with multiple functions Check the battery voltage, the state of the charging process, and the percentage of charge using the display. The LEDs indicate whether or not the clamps are reversed and whether or not they are charging.
- Batteries that are compatible: The Schumacher SC1280 is capable of charging ordinary batteries with voltages of 6V and 12V, as well as AGM, gel, and deep-cycle batteries.
- REVERSE HOOK-UP PROTECTION: The charger has superior reverse hook-up protection that prevents any damage from occurring even if the clamps are not connected in the correct manner.
- MONITORING OF THE FLOATING MODE A battery maintainer will give a very low current while the battery is in float mode, but only when absolutely essential to keep the device completely charged.
- CONTROLLED BY A MICROPROCESSOR: After obtaining data from the battery that is connected, the microprocessor makes adjustments to the voltage and charge. This makes it possible to charge the battery quickly without having a detrimental impact on its capacity or its lifespan.
- BOOST THE HEALTH OF YOUR BATTERIES: The device is equipped with multi-stage charging and float-mode monitoring to ensure that the battery is in the best possible condition over its entire lifespan.
About this item – Schumacher SC1281 6/12V Fully Automatic Battery Charger, Engine Starter, Boost Maintainer and Auto Desulfator with Advanced Diagnostic Testing- 100 Amp/30 Amp, 6V/12V
- ADVANCED CHARGING ALGORITHM An advanced algorithm is used during multi-stage charging in order to maximize the battery’s charge as well as its health and lifespan.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: The Schumacher SC1281 provides a 100A engine start, a 30A boost, and 6A>2A charge/maintain rates. It is powerful enough for automobiles, sport utility vehicles, and trucks.
- HOME STORAGE GARAGE A high-quality Schumacher battery charger and jump starter are essential pieces of equipment for any residential garage.
- Advanced Diagnostics: An integrated battery and alternator tester evaluates the current charge level and assists in the diagnosis of electrical issues.
- The charger is fully automatic and offers multi-stage charging, faulty battery identification, float mode monitoring, and protection against reverse hook-up.
- FLOAT MODE MONITORING: When a battery charger and maintainer are operating in float mode, they send out a very low current only when absolutely necessary to ensure that the device remains completely charged.
- 30A BOOST MODE: The boost modes swiftly revive batteries that have been depleted to a very low level.
- Enhanced charging with many stages for more precision, safety, and battery life
- The Schumacher SC1281 is capable of charging a wide variety of batteries, including conventional, AGM, gel, and deep-cycle batteries.