Smittybilt 2781 vs Viair 400p: What makes the Smittybilt 2781 and Viair 400p different from one another in terms of air compressor? The goal of this comparison analysis between the Smittybilt 2781 and Viair 400p is to determine which is the best air compressor.
Smittybilt 2781 vs Viair 400p – Quick Comparison Summary
- Both the Smittybilt 2781 and the Viair 400p have some of the same excellent features, such as a 150 PSI pressure gauge, a storage bag, and much more.
While the Viair 400p only has 2.3 CFM, the Smittybilt 2781 has 5.65 CFM.
The Smittybilt 2781 weighs 15 pounds, whereas the Viair 400p weighs 10.4 pounds.
A Viair 400p inline fuse is 40 AMP, compared to a Smittybilt 2781 inline fuse’s 30 AMP.
The length of the hose on a Smittybilt 2781 is 15.9 feet, while the length of the hose on a Viair 400p is 25 feet.
In comparison to the Viair 400p, the Smittybilt 2781 air compressor is extremely popular.
The Viair 400p’s dimensions are 13 x 11 x 9.5 inches, while the Smittybilt 2781’s dimensions are 15 x 12 x 11 inches.
The Viair 400p has a maximum airflow of 65 liters per minute, while the Smittybilt 2781 has a maximum airflow of 72 liters per minute.
The Viair 400p is more expensive than the Smittybilt 2781.
72 Liters Per Minute
65 Liters Per Minute
Air Flow Capacity
6 Cubic Feet Per Minute
2.3 Cubic Feet Per Minute
Air Compressor, Pressure Hoses, Cary Bag
Presta Valve Adapter, 3pc Inflation Tips Kit, Deluxe Dual Compartment Carry Bag, 25ft Inside Braided 5-in-1 Inflator/Deflator Air Hose with Inline 100 PSI Gauge, 12v Portable Compressor
Recommended Uses For Product
Drilling, Air Brushing, Spraying, Nailing
15 x 12 x 11 inches
13 x 11 x 9.5 inches
Advertised at 5.65 cfm and 72 l/min, but these numbers don't match up. what's up? 72 litres per minute = 2.542656 cubic feet per minute.
How much pressure can the compressor take? What does the compressor's max pressure safety valve blow at?
HOW LONG ARE THE POWER CORDS?
What exactly does this kit have? hoses or add-ons? bag? what can I hope for?
Can you get a device that will turn off a compressor on its own?
Can you plug the compressor into your truck's 12 volt outlet?
What makes this unit different from the 400p rvs. I saw an ad for an RV that said you should only buy models that had just been remodelled.
I want to use the air hose that I have. It has a 1/4-inch quick-connect coupling that is standard. Will the viair work with it?
Can I connect a normal air hose to this unit?
Amazon.com Description: Smittybilt 2781 vs Viair 400P
About this item – Smittybilt 2781 5.65 CFM Universal Air Compressor , Black
- A storage bag is provided.
- Smittybilt 2781 Universal Air Compressor, 5.65 CFM A Smittybilt Air Compressor is the most powerful compression device in its class, with a 1/3 horsepower oil-less direct drive engine and a 30 amp in-line fuse, plus the extra convenience of being able to air up or air down your tyres to meet various sorts of terrain.
- The Smittybilt 2781 5.65 CFM Universal Air Compressor provides the extra advantage of allowing the tyres to be inflated or deflated to accommodate different terrain types. A Smittybilt air compressor is the most powerful in its category. It is equipped with a 1/3 horsepower oil-less direct drive motor and an inline 30 amp fuse.
- 72 litres per minute is the maximum airflow. Quick-release coil hose measuring 24 feet in length
- The thermal cutoff switch protects the motor from harm.
- Few brands in the off-road business can match Smittybilt’s legacy. Customers have relied on Smittybilt for over 50 years to outfit their Jeeps with dependable and practical accessories.
- All Smittybilt products are designed by off-road enthusiasts who saw a need for something superior to what was offered previously. This legacy of invention continues to this day with over 2,000 unique items for not only Jeeps but also trucks and SUVs.
- In addition to widely imitated products such as the Sure Step, Smittybilt is mostly recognised for its distinctive bumpers and protection. However, their extensive product line also includes trail equipment, winches, soft goods, and much more, in addition to Jeep accessories.
- Integrated 150 PSI pressure gauge that is easy to read.
- The maximum continuous cycle time (duty cycle) at 40 psi and 75 degrees Fahrenheit is 40 minutes.
About this item – VIAIR 400P – 40043 Portable Compressor Kit. Tire Pump, Truck/SUV Tire Inflator, For Up to 35-Inch Tires
- Please Note: The air hose included with this kit may become brittle if exposed to UV or sunlight for an extended period of time.
- Maximum working pressure of 150 psi and a 33% duty cycle.
- utilises our brand-new I-Beam sand tray for enhanced stability and reduced weight. The 400P is a larger, more powerful portable tyre inflator kit that can inflate a 35-inch tyre to 30 PSI in less than six minutes. The 400P, used and endorsed by off-road enthusiasts worldwide, can save your life while you are miles from civilization.
- For on-road and off-road car enthusiasts, VIAIR Corporation offers the most comprehensive array of DC, fractional horsepower, oil-less air compressors, and air accessories. Our compressors and components are the industry standard for 12- and 24-volt automotive aftermarket applications around the world.
- The most comprehensive array of air compressors and air accessories for on- and off-road markets is offered by VIAIR. The industry standard for both 12-volt and 24-volt automobile applications globally, VIAIR products are utilised in the OEM market, 4×4 and Sport Air Suspension.
- Their compressors are currently in use in every region of the world, in the toughest conditions imaginable, and the company is recognised by both its clients and colleagues as the leading manufacturer of high-performance air compressors for mobile pneumatic applications.
- Direct dual battery clamps with an inbuilt 40-amp fuse.
- Includes a premium carry bag and an anti-vibration tray, among other features.
- 12 Volt Operated – 150PSI Working Pressure Maximum; engine must be running while in use.
- 2.3 CFM at 0 PSI free flow