Sonos play 3 vs play 5:When it comes to wireless smart home speakers, choosing between the Sonos Play 3 and the Sonos Play 5 is an option. Though both are wise decisions, which is the best? This comparative study of the Sonos Play 3 and Play 5 products is meant to assist you in determining which one is the better option for you.
Sonos play 3 vs play 5 – Quick Comparison Summary
- Sonos Play 5 comes with line-in, and Play uses the line-in to connect your turntable or a friend’s phone with the included 3.5mm jack, while Sonos Play 3 does not have the line-in feature.
- Sonos Play 3 is cheaper compared to Sonos Play 5, which is more expensive.
- Sonos Play 3 Dimensions is 12.3 x 9.5 x 8.6 inches, while Dimensions is 14.3 x 8 x 6 inches.
- Sonos Play 3 weighs 5.72 pounds, while Sonos Play 5 weighs 14 pounds.
- Sonos Play 3 has 3 drivers, while Sonos Play 5 has 6 drivers.
- Both Sonos Play 3 and Sonos Play 5 share some amazing features, such as voice control, multiple orientations, and wall mounting.
- Sonos Play 3 is a mid-sized wireless smart home speaker that you can control with buttons, while Sonos Play 5 fills a large room with a brilliant control method that uses touch sensors for volume and track control.
- Sonos Play 3 is a hugely popular wireless smart home speaker on Amazon compared to Sonos Play 5.
Sonos play 3 Video
Sonos play 5 Video
Is there anything else I need to play music if I buy a Sonos 3, have wi-fi in my house, and a Pandora account? Is there no bridge, connections, or anything else?
The bridge is modest, and everything is simple to put together. The Sonos 5 offers higher sonic quality in my perspective, but the 3 is absolutely acceptable. I have two fives and one three.
Will this work with a Windows operating system for control, or does it have to be an Android or iOS app?
Answer: I use Phonos on my Windows Phone, and it works perfectly (if you are asking about actual Windows Mobile 6.5, then there is no app for that). The developers have put in a lot of effort and are continually upgrading the functionality. The time it takes to connect to the Sonos network is the biggest flaw.
Does it operate without internet access?
Answer: It has an Ethernet connector on the back, so I think it would work if you connected it to your computer directly... but you should double-check with SONOS.
I'm seeking for a speaker that can be connected to an Echo Dot through line in. Will I have to switch to line in mode every time I ask Alexa to play music?
Answer: You may connect the Echo Dot line out to the Play 5 line in directly. There are two issues: the Sonos must be set to line in mode, and the Dot line out is hardwired to bypass the internal speaker.
Will the music play on other Sonos speakers if I utilize the line-in option on the Play 5?
Answer: The Line-In input (available on the Play 5 1st and 2nd generations, Connect and Connect Amp) allows you to connect an external audio source (CD player, TV, etc.).
Can this player be connected to a smart TV and used as a sound system rather than a sound bar?
A line in is the sole direct input. Yes, if your television has a line out, which is a headphone output. Aside from that, the Sonos play bar is designed for use with a television.
Amazon.com Description: Sonos play 3 vs play 5
About this item – Sonos Play:3 – Mid-Sized Wireless Smart Home Speaker for Streaming Music, Amazon Certified and Works with Alexa
- Use your home Wi-Fi to set up in five minutes. When you’re ready, you can easily extend your home music system by adding wireless speakers to adjacent rooms.
- Three custom-built Class-D amplifiers and three custom-built drivers produce a broad, wide sound stage that allows the instruments and voices to shine.
- A bass radiator is also included to push out the lows. Sound is richer and deeper than playback, making it ideal for locations with greater space.
- 3 to any Alexa-enabled device, then simply ask for the music you enjoy.
- Participate in your games: Even if you’re not an audiophile, you deserve excellent sound. In stereo, Play:3 delivers.
- Stream all of your favorite music services, including Amazon Music, Pandora, Apple Music, and Spotify, wirelessly.
- Play several tunes in various rooms at the same time. Alternatively, play a single song in perfect time across your house.
About this item – Sonos Play: 5 – Ultimate Wireless Smart Speaker
- Everything is extremely buggy, and nothing is planned for scalability. There appears to be no testing.
- At the same time, play various music in separate rooms. Alternatively, play a single song in perfect time across your home.
- We have many residences and have acquired numerous Sonos players and controllers over the years. I shudder to think how much money I’ve spent on Sonos.
- Sonos’ products have always had problems and never lived up to their full potential, but we kept using them because we liked the idea.
- Nothing will work right, and you’ll have to keep making small changes and sometimes actually fix problems.
- Our largest and most powerful speaker, with six amplifiers and six dedicated speaker drivers, Pure, magnificent sound fills even the biggest spaces. Stereo pairs for a more immersive audio experience.
- The Sonos app and desktop controller are often updated to add “new features,” but most of the time.