Thermopro TP08 vs TP20: It’s difficult to choose between the Thermopro TP08 and Thermopro TP20 as the best grilling, smoking, barbecue, and oven thermometers. We are attempting to decide which product is superior by contrasting the Thermopro TP08 and TP20.
Thermopro TP08 vs TP20– Quick Comparison Summary
- Both the Thermopro TP08 and the Thermopro TP20 have some amazing features in common, including a temperature range of 14°F to 572°F (-10°C to 300°C), Fahrenheit and Celsius readings, uses for BBQ, ovens, smokers, grills, meat, and more; a countdown and countup timer; 2 probes; a response time of 0.5 seconds; and many more.
The Thermopro TP20 is far more popular than the Thermopro TP08 as a grilling smoker and BBQ grill oven thermometer on Amazon.
Thermopro TP08 is less expensive than the more expensive TP20.
The Thermopro TP20 has built-in presets for different types of meat; however, the Thermopro TP08 does not have this option.
Thermopro TP08 weighs 0.78 pounds, whereas TP20 weighs 0.96 pounds.
The dimensions of the Thermopro TP08 are 6.5 x 2.6 x 6.1 inches, while the dimensions of the Thermopro TP20 are 6.4 x 2.4 x 5.9 inches.
Preset Meat Options
Fahrenheit and Celsius readings
BBQ, Oven, Smoker, Grill, Meat, Food and More Uses
Countdown and Count Up Timer
14°F to 572°F (-10°C to 300°C)
14°F to 572°F (-10°C to 300°C)
Number of Batteries
4 x AAA batteries (included)
4 x AAA batteries (included)
Dual Probe Meat Thermometer
Wireless Meat Thermometer
6.5 x 2.6 x 6.1 inches
6.4 x 2.4 x 5.9 inches
Is it possible to use many units simultaneously without interfering with one another? I want to use three simultaneously.
Is the transmitter unit resistant to the elements?
What can be attached with a magnet to the side of a smoker using this product?
With this device, can you only check the temperature of the oven, or do you also need to check the temperature of the food?
How do the TP 08 and TP 20 differ? What's the TP20's $15 for?
Probe cord length? To seal a smoker, I need to thread it through the top vent.
Can it be deep-fried?
Can a 32 F cooler hold the transmitter?
Amazon.com Description: Thermopro TP08 vs TP20
About this item – ThermoPro TP08B 500FT Wireless Meat Thermometer for Grilling Smoker BBQ Grill Oven Thermometer with Dual Probe Kitchen Cooking Food Thermometer
- Convenient kitchen timer: The smoking thermometer has a countdown and countup timer that may be used in conjunction with temperature monitoring functions to help you keep track of the entire meal, including the main course and any side dishes of vegetables and/or meat.
- You may quickly and simply set your own cooking settings for both probes using the digital grill thermometer’s food temperature and high/low ambient temperature alarms. The BBQ thermometer will flash and beep to warn you if the temperature ever deviates from your selected range. Set probe 2 as an “HI/LOW” temperature range alarm for your grill or smoker to know when to add extra fuel or if your barbecue temperature gets too high.
- Thermopro’s wireless meat thermometer has an improved 500-foot remote range and uses the most cutting-edge wireless technology to deliver the strongest, most dependable connection possible with an out-of-range alert. This allows you to monitor your cook’s progress from up to 500 feet away without any issues.
- With a temperature range of 14 °F to 572 °F and readings in both fahrenheit and celsius, everything can be cooked correctly and easily.The receiver and transmitter screens on the probe thermometer have backlights, making them perfect in any lighting situation.
- ThermoPro: always prepare food like a pro! You can precisely cook and check the temperature of both your meat and grill from a distance of up to 500 feet away with the ThermoPro Dual Probe Digital Wireless Meat Thermometer for Grilling!
- Expand the scope of your backyard grilling and smoking sessions. Stop physically checking on your food and constantly taking breaks; just wait for the temperature alert to sound when your meat is perfectly cooked or when the BBQ, oven, or smoker has reached a temperature that is too high.
- Dual probe for grilling and food: Oven-safe meat thermometer with very accurate stainless steel meat probe and oven/grill/smoker temperature probe, allowing you to monitor food and ambient temperature at the same time, making the smoker thermometer especially useful for long smoking or grilling sessions.
About this item – ThermoPro TP20 500FT Wireless Meat Thermometer with Dual Meat Probe, Digital Cooking Food Meat Thermometer Wireless for Smoker BBQ Grill Thermometer
- Kitchen Timer: The count-up and count-down settings on the food cooking smoker thermometer are great for long-term cooking or making vegetable sides. Once the set temperature is reached, the receiver will beep and flash.
- Setup is easy because you don’t have to synchronise anything. Say goodbye to the tedious steps of setting up. The upgraded receiver shows food and oven temperatures clearly at the same time. Backlit screens can be used even when it’s dark.
- Extended Remote Range: A wireless thermometer with two probes can use its wireless range of up to 500 feet to keep an eye on the temperature of your food or oven, grill, or smoker, so you don’t have to keep leaving your guests to check on the food.
- When your food has reached the temperature you set, the Smart Temperature Alarm Receiver will flash and make a noise. With a clear alarm, you’ll never overcook again. Timer with Countdown and Count Up: A countdown and countup timer with two modes (hours and minutes or minutes and seconds) lets you manage your time well.
- USDA-recommended temperature settings: The BBQ thermometer has the USDA-recommended doneness levels for 10 different types of meat that are already set.All of the preset temperatures can be changed to suit your tastes.
- Durable and Accurate Probes: This wireless meat thermometer for grilling and smoking has food-grade stainless steel probes with a step-down tip design that lets users get readings more quickly and accurately, to within 1.8°F. The probe wires can withstand up to 716 °F.
- ThermoPro’s TP20 Wireless Meat Thermometer Has Been Updated With a good thermometer, you don’t have to guess when you’re cooking, so your food will always be just right. The receiver has been updated to make it more convenient and easy to use.
- It can now monitor and display two cuts of meat at once, or it can keep track of your food and the temperature of your oven or grill at the same time. With a remote that works up to 500 feet away, you can talk to other people, do chores, or watch TV without ever having to go check on your food.