Titan Controlmax 1700 vs Graco X5: The Titan Controlmax 1700 and Graco X5 are both great options if you’re searching for an airless paint sprayer. But which of the two is the best? We’ll compare the Titan Controlmax 1700 and Graco X5 goods in this comparison study to see which is the superior product.
Titan Controlmax 1700 vs Graco X5– Quick Comparison Summary
The maximum tip size of the Titan Controlmax 1700 is 0.017, while the maximum tip size of the Graco X5 is 0.015.
The Graco X5 has 0.50 horsepower compared to the 0.60 horsepower of the Titan Controlmax 1700.
Graco X5 has up to 125 gallons per year, whereas Titan Controlmax 1700 has up to 300 gallons.
While the Graco X5 weighs 19 pounds, the Titan Controlmax 1700 weighs 19.4 pounds.
On Amazon, the Graco X5 has received well over 5,500 reviews, with 80% of customers giving the machine the maximum rating of 5 stars. That is just remarkable. A smaller number of people have given the Titan Controlmax 1700 favorable reviews. The Graco X5 shines a little brighter among the two.
Incredibly useful features like adjustable pressure settings, 1 or 5 gallon paint buckets, fast and easy clean-up, and more are shared by both the Titan Controlmax 1700 and the Graco X5.
In comparison to the Titan Controlmax 1700, the Graco X5 is less expensive.
The maximum hose length for the Titan Controlmax 1700 is 30 feet, whereas the Graco X5 can reach up to 75 feet.
The Titan Controlmax 1700 comes with a 2-year warranty, while the Graco X5 only offers a 1-year warranty.
The Titan Controlmax 1700’s dimensions are 30 x 13.5 x 16 inches, while the Graco X5’s dimensions are 14.5 x 12.75 x 19 inches.
Graco X5 has a maximum flow rate of 0.27 gallons per minute, whereas Titan Controlmax 1700 has a maximum flow rate of 0.33 gallons per minute.
Titan Controlmax 1700
Speed per minute
Up To 0.33 Gallons
Up To 0.27 Gallons
Maximum Tip Size
Gallons Per Year
Up To 300
Up To 125
2 Year limited Warranty
1 Year Warranty
Maximum Hose Length
FAST AND EASY CLEAN-UP
Adjustable Pressure Setting
1 or 5 Gallon Paint Bucket
ControlMax Sprayer, 30 ft Hose, ControlMax Gun and ControlMax 515 Tip
SG2 Metal Spray Gun, RAC IV 515 SwitchTip, 25 ft. Duraflex paint hose, Pump Armor storage fluid, PowerFlush adapter, Quick Start-Up Guide and Operation Manual
Magnum X5 Airless Paint Sprayer
5 x 1.75 x 8 inches
5 x 1.8 x 8 inches
Does this work with 110 volt transformers?
Can I power this machine with a gas generator? If so, what is the minimum required output? Do you want to make a fence painting setup?
Would this sprayer be suitable for spraying sand texture paint?
I'm going to stain 90 16' 1x6 rough sawn fence planks using behr house/fence stain. Is this the right unit for the job?
What distinguishes this Graco X5 type from the Graco Magnum LTS 15?
Is it compatible with 240-volt power supply?
What size is this fan tip?
Why is a small room painted with 5 gallons? I tested it with 75% and 50% pressure; does it still require a great deal of paint?
Amazon.com Description: Titan Controlmax 1700 vs Graco X5
About this item – Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer, Blue
- EVERY YEAR, SPRAY MORE PROJECTS: The recommended annual use is up to 125 gallons. Type of Fluid Outlet Thread: NPSM
- CONTINUOUS SPRAYING: With the RAC IV Switch Tip, you may keep spraying even when the tip becomes blocked.
- Spraying directly from a 1- or 5-gallon paint bucket is possible thanks to a flexible suction line.
- The Graco Project Series sprayers make it simple for DIY enthusiasts and handymen to complete modest to medium-sized tasks quickly and expertly.
- The Magnum X5 offers DIY homeowners and handymen cost-effective, high-speed performance. These sprayers are perfect for painting any inside project, as well as small homes, fences, siding, decks, and siding. Includes Pump Armor storage fluid, a PowerFlush adaptor, the SG2 Metal Spray Gun, the RAC IV 515 Switch Tip, a 25-foot Duraflex paint hose, a quick start-up guide, and an operation manual. 1/4 in. fluid outlet size
- SUITABLE FOR BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE PROJECTS: can accommodate a paint hose of up to 75 feet, providing you more reach for your tasks.
- Spraying unthinned paint at high pressure is possible with a stainless steel piston pump.
- Fast and simple cleanup is made possible with the Power Flush Adaptor, which is connected to a garden hose.
- Control Paint Flow: You have complete pressure control for any project size thanks to fully adjustable pressure.
The voltage is 110.
About this item – Titan 0580009 ControlMax 1700 High Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer, HEA technology decreases overspray by up to 55% while delivering softer spray
- With a 0.60 horsepower pump, the VARIABLE SPEED PUMP can spray undiluted paints and stains at a rate of up to 0.33 gallons per minute, resulting in high production.
- High efficiency Titan ControlMax 1700 airless paint sprayer Airless spraying is no longer frightening thanks to the Titan ControlMax High Efficiency Airless, which makes painting like an expert simpler.
- The innovative tip technology used by the HEA system reduces overspray by up to 55% while producing softer spray, which enhances control and results in a more uniform finish. With a rebuildable fluid section that extends sprayer life, the HEA pump is a tough and effective sprayer that can apply unthinned coatings.
- The ControlMax 1700 is an airless paint sprayer made for serious do-it-yourselfers and handymen that makes it simpler to paint like a pro and applies coatings 3X faster than a roller. Perfect for painting large projects like garages, fences, decks, and other exteriors of houses
Serious do-it- DIYers and handymen can achieve a high output with greater control and less mess thanks to the Titan ControlMax 1700 High Efficiency Airless Sprayer.
- On walls, ceilings, and external finishes, it can be used for interior and exterior projects with unthinned paints and stains. The High Efficiency Airless (HEA) system ensures a uniform finish every time while reducing overspray by up to 55% and producing a softer spray.
- The ControlMax features an adjustable pressure from the 60 horsepower motor and can spray up to 33 gallons per minute through the 515 spray tip (excellent for latex paints). To suit your project’s needs and the needs of your coating, various HEA-sized tips are offered separately. For added convenience, the sprayer draws paint directly from a 1- or 5-gallon paint can.
- When you’re finished painting, you can also keep your tools and equipment in the integrated storage. The strong and resilient sprayer is covered by the best and longest warranty in the business. Check out the Titan ControlMax 1700 Pro sprayer for a model with additional power and unique features.
- Very efficient aerial technology The HEA technology in this paint sprayer reduces overspray by up to 55% while producing softer spray, enhancing control, and creating a more uniform finish.
- What are the differences? This ControlMax sprayer uses a 30-foot hose, an all-metal gun, and a maximum operating pressure of 1500 PSI. It can spray up to 300 gallons annually (which can be extended up to 80 ft. for a longer reach).
- Strong, long-lasting pump: The sprayer features a fluid portion that can be rebuilt, which increases its lifespan to up to three times that of rival sprayers.
- It is supported by the best and longest 2-year warranty in the market.