Wagner Control Pro 170 vs Graco X5: Wagner Control Pro 170 and Graco X5 are both great options for airless paint sprayers, but which one is the best? Learn more from our comparison. In this comparative analysis, we will compare and contrast the Wagner Control Pro 170 and Graco X5 to discover which product is the best.
Wagner Control Pro 170 vs Graco X5– Quick Comparison Summary
Wagner Control Pro 170 can produce up to 0.33 gallons per minute, compared to 0.27 gallons per minute for the Graco X5.
Wagner Control Pro 170 and Graco X5 have 0.017 and 0.015 maximum tip sizes, respectively.
On Amazon, the Graco X5 has received well over 5,440 reviews, with 80% of customers giving it a rating of 5 out of 5. That is just remarkable. There aren’t as many favorable reviews for the Wagner Control Pro 170, but there are some. The Graco X5 shines a little brighter among the two.
Both the Wagner Control Pro 170 and the Graco X5 have excellent features such as adjustable pressure settings, 1 or 5 gallon paint buckets, FAST AND EASY CLEAN-UP and more.
Wagner Control Pro 170’s maximum hose length is 30 feet, while Graco X5’s maximum hose length is 75 feet.
Wagner Control Pro 170 dimensions are 18 x 13.18 x 15.56 inches, while Graco X5 dimensions are 14.5 x 12.75 x 19 inches.
While the Graco X5 weighs 19 pounds, the Wagner Control Pro 170 weighs 18.56 pounds.
Graco X5 horse power is 0.50, whereas Wagner Control Pro 170 horse power is 0.60.
Wagner Control Pro 170 has a maximum annual flow of 300 gallons, while Graco X5 has a maximum annual flow of 125 gallons.
In comparison to the Wagner Control Pro 170, the Graco X5 is less expensive.
Wagner Control Pro 170
Annual Use Recommendation
Up To 300 Gallons
Up To 125 Gallons
Maximum Hose Length
Maximum Flow Rate
Maximum Tip Size
FAST AND EASY CLEAN UP
Adjustable Pressure Control
1 or 5 gallon paint bucket
Magnum X5 Airless Paint Sprayer
18 x 13.18 x 15.56 inches
14.5 x 12.75 x 19 inches
I am from Singapore, where the usual voltage is 230 volts. Can the manufacturer convert it to 230 volts instead of 110 volts?
Can you ship it to South Korea without any paperwork? Do I need to do anything before ordering this?
When I don't have the tip on my Wagner 170 Pro, paint runs freely. The problem is that when I put the tip on, nothing comes out. why?
Is a viscosity test cup included (or required)?
Can the engine operate for 8 hours straight?
Will the X5 handle Latex base paint with a sprayer tip size of.017-.019? I'm painting my fence, and I have a lot of territory to cover.
What tip do I need to spray the inside of our baseboards and door trim?
Is it possible to use this sprayer on shipping containers? Someone suggests using por-15.
What tip sizes does this support? I'm looking for anything with.019 to.023 tips.
Amazon.com Description: Wagner Control Pro 170 vs Graco X5
About this item – Wagner 0580001 Control Pro 170 Paint Sprayer, High Efficiency Airless Sprayer with Low Overspray
- The Control Pro 170 paint sprayer from Wagner applies coatings 3X faster than a roller while producing minimal overspray. It’s ideal for many tasks, including painting the exterior of your house and staining a sizable deck.
- Long-lasting Spray System: The HEA pump has a rebuildable fluid section that extends the life of the sprayer and is guaranteed by the best and most comprehensive warranty in the business.
- Airless Technology with High Efficiency: The paint sprayer uses HEA technology, which reduces overspray by up to 55% and produces softer spray, which enhances control and results in a more uniform finish.
- Utilizing HEA technology, painting like a Pro is Now Simpler High Efficiency Airless (HEA) technology, used by the Control Pro 170, reduces overspray by up to 55% while giving a softer spray, better control, and a more uniform finish. Metal-only spray weapon When painting or staining substantial tasks, the Control Pro 170 has a spray cannon made entirely of metal for additional durability.
- To utilize a Range of Materials, This paint sprayer has the ability to apply interior and exterior paints, stains, 2-in-1 paints and primers, latex, and oil enamel straight from the can.
- Strong Spray Gun: The robust and effective paint spray pistol has a 1.60 horsepower HEA pump that allows it to apply undiluted paint and stains.
- WHAT DIFFERS IS IT? This Control Pro sprayer has a 30 ft. hose, an all-metal gun, and a maximum working pressure of 1500 psi to efficiently spray huge projects. It can spray up to 300 gallons annually.
About this item – Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer, Blue
- SPRAY MORE PROJECTS EACH YEAR The recommended annual use is up to 125 gallons per year. SPRAY MORE PROJECTS EACH YEAR NPSM is the type of thread used for the fluid outlet.
- voltage: 110 volts.
- Fast and easy cleaning The Power Flush Adapter can be connected to a garden hose in order to facilitate quick and simple cleanup.
- Sprayers from the Graco Project Series make it simple for enthusiastic do-it-yourself homeowners and handymen to power through modest to medium-sized jobs with speed and precision.
- With the Magnum X5, do-it-yourself homeowners and handymen get high-speed performance that is also cost-effective. These sprayers are excellent for painting a wide variety of inside jobs as well as exterior projects such as decks, siding, fences, or even tiny dwellings. Includes a Quick Start-Up Guide, an Operation Manual, and a PowerFlush adapter in addition to an SG2 Metal Spray Gun, RAC IV 515 Switch Tip, 25 feet of Duraflex paint hose, Pump Armor storage fluid, and a PowerFlush adapter. Fluid Outlet Size (in): 1/4
You are able to spray directly from a 1- or 5-gallon paint bucket thanks to the flexible suction tube.
- Control the flow of paint. The pressure may be fully adjusted, giving you the greatest control over the flow of paint for any size job.
- THE IDEAL MATERIAL FOR BOTH INDOOR AND EXTERIOR PROJECTS: allows you to extend your reach for your projects by supporting paint hoses of up to 75 feet in length.
- Spray Paint Unthinned: The Stainless Steel Piston Pump gives you the ability to spray paint unthinned at a very high pressure.
- CONTINUOUS SPRAYING: The RAC IV Switch Tip enables you to resume spraying even when the tip becomes blocked by allowing you to reverse it.