Weber Q2200 vs Q1200: What’s The Difference?
When it comes to Weber grills, there are two main options: the Q2200 and the Q1200. Both have their pros and cons, so how do you know which one is right for you? Let’s take a closer look at each model.
The Q2200 is a larger grill than the Q1200, so it may be a better choice for those who want to cook for a large group. The Q1200 is a good choice for those who want a smaller grill that is easier to transport. Both grills have been designed with portability in mind and are easy to set up and take down.
- The Weber Q1200 liquid propane grill seems to be more popular than the Weber Q2200 based on Amazon reviews. At the time of this writing, the Weber Q1200 has over 6,600+ reviews with an average rating of 4.8 stars. In contrast, the Weber Q2200 has about half as many reviews with an average rating of 4.8 stars. Some reviewers mention that they prefer the Q1200 because it is less expensive than the Q2200.
- The Weber Q2200 is more expensive than the Weber Q1200 because it has extra features. The Weber Q1200 is cheaper because it doesn’t have these extra features.
- The Weber Q2200 has a cooking area of 280 square inches, while the Weber Q1200 has a cooking area of 189 square inches. The Weber Q2200 is the better choice for those who want more space to cook, as well as an additional place to keep their tools and accessories while cooking.
- The Weber Q2200 has one stainless steel burner that produces 12000 BTU-Per-Hour, while the Weber Q1200 has just one stainless steel burner that produces 8500 BTU-Per-Hour. The Weber Q2200 is ideal for cooking larger meals or for entertaining, while the Weber Q1200 is better suited for smaller meals or for individual use. Both grills feature porcelain-enameled cast iron cooking grates that are easy to clean and provide even heat distribution.
- The Weber Q2200 can cook up to 12 four-inch burgers, while the Weber Q1200 can only handle six. If you’re feeding a large group, the Q2200 is the better option. It also has a larger cooking surface, so you can fit more food on it at once.
- The Weber Q2200 is heavier than the Weber Q1200. The weight difference is 14 lbs. The only downside is that it’s slightly heavier than the Weber Q1200, so it may be a bit harder to move around.
- The Weber Q2200 and the Weber Q1200 share some great features, such as a 5-year warranty, fold-out side shelves, an electronic push button ignition system, and stainless steel frame material. These grills are perfect for those who want to enjoy delicious, grilled food without any hassle.
- The Weber Q2200 has a gray color, while the Weber Q1200 has a titanium color.
- The Weber Q2200 is larger than the Weber Q1200. The dimensions are 25.1 x 51.4 x 26 inches for the Q2200, and 20.5″D x 40.9″W x 24.6″H for the Q1200.
Cooking surface area
280 sq in
189 sq in
12 four inch burgers
6 four inch burgers
Two fold-out side shelves
Two fold-out side shelves
Ignition -Electronic push button
25.1″D x 51.4″W x 26″H
20.5″D x 40.9″W x 24.6″H
Can somebody tell me what size the legs' footprints are? I require knowledge on the footprint's length and breadth.
Does this grill have a flare-up prevention mechanism? It doesn't seem to, though. Has anybody ever used it to cook oily food?
Can it be linked to an RV connection for low pressure?
Is the adaptor hose need to be bought for everyday use?
Is this safe to put on my truck's tailgate or will it burn too hot and melt the plastic cover?
Are the little canisters taken out before putting the grill away or moving it? If not, how is the vinyl record kept safe when kept in a camper?
Amazon.com Description: Weber Q2200 vs Q1200
About this item – Weber Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill
- We were established on the principle that nothing beats sharing a wonderful dinner outside with the people you care about.
- And when we gather around the grill, we celebrate the sincere ties that have been established.
- All are welcome at our table. Come along with us as we explore the possibilities.
- The fundamental idea of Weber is this: We come to work every day with the motivation, enthusiasm, and curiosity to improve your next Weber grilling experience.
- The grill maintains its excellent performance and sophisticated appearance while adding new, fun aesthetics.
- These include a larger grip handle and control knobs; ergonomic side handles; sturdy front and rear cradles; larger-sized fold-out side tables with greater rigidity; and the recognizable Weber Q logo prominently branded on the lid.
- Weber’s culture is permeated by innovation, which is a key value that our founder, George Stephen, ingrained in our company.
- As we continue to improve the outdoor cooking experience, this spirit permeates everything we develop.
About this item – Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
- Weber has been credited with creating the modern backyard barbeque. Since then, they have kept on creating goods that make grilling more enjoyable.
- Additionally, whether utilizing direct or indirect heat, the form of the cookbox and the shroud enable adequate heat circulation around the food for even cooking.
- From the first kettle grill with heat-regulating dampers to electronic temperature controls and Flavorizer bars, Weber has led the way in contemporary grilling, transforming your patio into an extension of your kitchen.
- Weber’s gas-grill cookboxes are made of cast aluminum, which makes them strong, effective, low-maintenance, and able to endure the heat required to grill at any temperature.
- Grates for cooking, burner tubes, and the grease management system are all housed in the cookbox.
- In everything they do, starting with the creation of new grills, Weber upholds the heritage of quality.
- George Stephen wanted to be able to enjoy meals with his family, which is why he designed the first Weber grill. He promoted a product that went above and beyond what people expected.