Whynter ARC-14S vs ARC-14SH: Wondering which Whynter portable air conditioner to pick? Let’s compare the ARC-14S and the ARC-14SH. They’re a bit different, and that can affect how cool and comfy your space gets. Stick around as we break down the Whynter ARC-14S vs. ARC-14SH to help you decide which one suits you best.
Whynter ARC-14S vs ARC-14SH – Quick Comparison Summary
- Whynter ARC-14S is very popular on Amazon compared to Whynter ARC-14SH.
- Whynter ARC-14S is less expensive, but Whynter ARC-14SH costs more.
- The Whynter ARC-14SH has an additional heater mode with thermostat control for temperatures between 61°F and 77°F.
- Both the Whynter ARC-14S and the Whynter ARC-14SH have similar great features, like being a portable air conditioner with two hoses, a dehumidifier, and a fan for rooms up to 500 square feet. They also come with a storage bag, can dehumidify 71 pints per day, have a 24-hour programmable timer, a remote control for convenient operation from a distance, a noise level of 54 dB, powerful and quiet performance, advanced self-evaporation, multiple functions, and energy-saving capabilities. They are easy to set up and move, provide effective cooling, have hassle-free operation, and operate at 115 volts, among other features.
- The cable length for Whynter ARC-14S is 6.5 feet, while for Whynter ARC-14SH, it’s only 6 feet.
- Whynter ARC-14S has an air flow capacity of 222 cubic feet per minute, whereas Whynter ARC-14SH has an air flow capacity of just 212 cubic feet per minute.
- The Whynter ARC-14S weighs 73 pounds, while the Whynter ARC-14SH weighs 85 pounds.
- The dimensions of Whynter ARC-14S are 16 inches in depth, 19 inches in width, and 35.5 inches in height, while Whynter ARC-14SH has dimensions of 19 inches in depth, 16 inches in width, and 35.5 inches in height.
500 Cubic Feet
500 Cubic Feet
9000 British Thermal Units
Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner with dehumidifier
Includes Storage Bag
Remote control for operate the unit from a distance
Multi-Functional and energy saving
Easy to setup and portable
Air Flow Capacity
222 Cubic Feet Per Minute
212 Cubic Feet Per Minute
16″D x 19″W x 35.5″H
19″D x 16″W x 35.5″H
When it reaches a predetermined temperature, does it turn off?
What process removes the water?
Do you know whether a kit for a sliding side window like this is available?
Why draw in warm air to cool? I live in South Florida. How can using outdoor air make the unit more efficient?
Does this device have a noise-dB rating?
Platinum and black are the colors being advertised. The actual color of this model when I received it was black and dark gray. Why is that so?
What is the procedure for removing water?
(Conflicting reviews) I'm really perplexed about this unit. I need to know if it is quiet (for a bedroom), if it will endure more than one season, and if it is hefty. TY
We installed this in our little server room, and it does not provide adequate cooling. Is there anything more powerful than this? We need to freeze the room, but this can only do 67F.
What are the dimensions of the intake and exhaust hoses?
Is a window kit that can handle up to 60" vertical sliding windows available?
Amazon.com Description: Whynter ARC-14S vs ARC-14SH
About this item – Whynter ARC-14S 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier and Fan for Rooms Up to 500 Square Feet, Includes Storage Bag, Platinum/Black, AC Unit Only
- WINNER OF THE GOOD HOUSEKEEPING AWARD FOR THE “BEST OVERALL PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER” IN 2023 Offers a substantial cooling effect across extensive areas.
- FAST AND EASY SETUP ALONG WITH PORTABILITY: Exhaust hose with a length adjustment feature (up to 152 cm) 5.9 inches in diameter; window kit measurements of 6.5 inches wide by a minimum of 20 inches long and a maximum of 46 inches long; unit dimensions of 19 inches wide by 16 inches deep by 35.5 inches high; activated carbon air filter and washable pre-filter.
- ADVANCED SELF-EVAPORATION: Operates with two hoses simultaneously; Cools an area up to a maximum of 500 square feet (the optimal performance may be influenced by the ambient temperature and humidity); The patented auto-drain mechanism automatically removes all of the condensate from the air in the majority of settings. Capacity to remove moisture from the air: 71 pints per day; There are three different fan speeds, and the maximum air flow is 430 m3/h, or 253 CFM.
- VOLUMENOUS AND SILENT: cooling capacity of 14,000 ASHRAE BTU and 9,500 BTU according to SACC; 56 decibels of sound pressure level.
- Multiple Functions and Energy Preservation: There are three different modes of operation: cool, dehumidify, and fan. Complete temperature regulation (between 61 and 89 degrees Fahrenheit); The maximum power usage is 1300 watts at 11.6 amperes, and the power source is 115 volts at 60 hertz with one phase. Green R-32 refrigerant, which is non-CFC and beneficial to the environment.
About this item – Whynter ARC-14SH 14,000 BTU (9,200 BTU SACC) Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner and Portable Heater with Dehumidifier and Fan for Rooms Up to 500 Square Feet, Platinum/Black, AC Unit + Heater
- EXPERIENCED SELF-EVAPORATION: dual hose action; cools up to 500 square feet (optimum performance may be affected by environmental temperature and humidity); In most conditions, the patented auto-drain mechanism automatically exhausts all condensate. Capacity for dehumidification: 71 pints per day, 430 m3/h, or 253 CFM at high speed; three fan speeds.
- EASY TO INSTALL AND PORTABLE: Extendable exhaust hose (up to 60″) with a 5.9″ diameter; Window kit dimensions: 6.5″ W x 20″ L (minimum), 46″ (maximum); unit dimensions: 16″ W x 19″ D x 35.5″ H; activated carbon air filter and washable pre-filter.
- Whynter ARC-14SH 14000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner and Heater With its innovative design, the ARC-14SH is a quality portable air conditioner with a heater and humidifier that saves electricity. RoHS-compliant components and the CFC-free Green R-32 refrigerant.
- Furthermore, our proprietary auto-drain technology absorbs and recycles moisture collected during the cooling process to produce cool air, which is combined with the quick cooling provided by the twin-hose operation.
MULTICOLOR & ENERGY SAVING:
- Cooling thermostatic control (61°F–89°F) or Heating thermostatic control in ambient circumstances above 45°F (61°F–77°F); Four operational modes: cool, heat, dehumidify, and fan; Maximum power consumption: 1300 W / 11.6 A; power supply: 115 V / 60Hz / 1 Phase; CFC-free Green R-32 refrigerant.
- STRONG AND QUIET: Cooling capacity: 14,000 BTU (ASHRAE) or 9,200 BTU (SACC); Heating capacity: 13,000 BTU (ASHRAE) or 8,200 BTU (SACC); Noise level (dBA): 56.
- GOOD HOUSEKEEPING’S 2023 AWARD-WINNER “BEST OVERALL PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER Provides powerful cooling over large areas” . Efficiency of air flow: 253 cubic feet per minute per watt.