Badger 500 vs 900: It can be challenging to decide between the Badger 500 and Badger 900 when it comes to Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal. Though both are wise decisions, which is the best? The goal of this Badger 500 vs. Badger 900 comparison review is to assist you in determining which product is the better option for you.
Badger 500 vs 900– Quick Comparison Summary
- The limited warranty for the Badger 500 is three years, while the warranty for the Badger 900 is six years.
Badger 500 costs less than Badger 900, which is more expensive.
Badger 500 and Badger 900 both have amazing features in common, like easy-swap installation, standard sound, and many more.
Badger 500 has 1/2 horse power, whereas Badger 900 has 3/4 horse power.
Stainless steel grind components from Badger 900 are rust-resistant and galvanized steel grind components from Badger 500 are long-lasting.
Badgers weigh 13.62 pounds for the 500-pound model and 15.55 pounds for the 900-pound model.
Badger 500 dimensions are 6.31 x 6.31 x 12.63 inches, whereas Badger 900 dimensions are 6.75 x 12.63 x 6.31 inches.
While Badger 900 has a powerful grind for stubborn food scraps like peach pits, Badger 500 offers a reliable grind for the majority of food scraps.
Compared to the Badger 900, the Badger 500 is the most widely used continuous feed garbage disposal on the market.
3 years limited warranty
6 years limited warranty
Dependable Grind For Most Food Scraps
Power Grind For Tough Food Scraps Like Peach Plts
Long Lasting Galvanized Steel Grind Components
Rust Resistant Stainless Steel Grind Components
Date First Available
March 5, 2013
September 28, 2012
6.31 x 6.31 x 12.63 Inches
6.75 x 12.63 x 6.31 Inches
Is a garbage disposal from Insinkerator noisy?
Is there a tool for unclogging a stuck disposal unit?
Related: What should I do with my old garbage disposal? Just toss it in the garbage? recycle? Is it a dangerous waste?
Is there a power cord and can it be connected to the dishwasher?
The stainless steel grind components are mentioned, but what about the rest of the "guts"? Are they also made of stainless steel?
Is there a place on the insinkerator where you can connect it to the dishwasher and run water through the in sinker actor?
Is the power supply included? It is not visible in the photograph.
Amazon.com Description: Badger 500 vs 900
About this item – InSinkErator Badger 500 1/2 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
- New in the box. The item is delivered with all necessary accoutrements.
- Most installations are direct-wired and do not require a power cord; power cords are sold separately.
- Badger When cost is your main concern, food garbage disposals are a dependable and practical option.
- The Badger 500 has a space-saving compact form, a tough galvanized steel construction, and a 1/2-horsepower heavy-duty silent Dura-Drive induction motor.
- Most installations are direct-wired and do not require a power cord; a power cord is sold separately.
About this item -InSinkErator Badger 900 3/4 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposer
- This used item has been examined and verified to function and look like new.
- Functionality testing, fundamental cleaning, inspection, and repackaging are all parts of the refurbishing process.
- The item may be delivered in a generic box and come complete with all necessary attachments.
- When cost is your main concern, Badger Food Waste Disposers are a dependable and practical option.
- The Badger 900 has a space-saving compact form and a 3/4 horsepower heavy-duty quiet Dura-Drive induction motor.