Weller WE1010NA vs Hakko FX888D: The Weller WE1010NA and Hakko FX888D are both great options for digital soldering stations, but which one is the best? Learn more from our comparison. In this comparative research, we’ll examine and contrast the Weller WE1010NA and Hakko FX888D products to see which one is the best.
Weller WE1010NA vs Hakko FX888D– Quick Comparison Summary
Compared to the Hakko FX888D, the Weller WE1010NA Digital Soldering Station is more popular on Amazon.
Both the Weller WE1010NA and Hakko FX888D cost the same.
The temperature range for the Weller WE1010NA is 93 to 454 degrees Celsius, while the temperature range for the Hakko FX888D is 50 to 480 degrees Celsius.
The power consumption of the Weller WE1010NA is 85 watts, while that of the Hakko FX888D is only 70 watts.
Both the Weller WE1010NA and the Hakko FX888D have some amazing features in common, like 3 push buttons for simple temperature adjustment, a 70-watt power output, and many more.
The Weller WE1010NA has an LCD display that is simple to read.
Hakko FX888D weighs 2.6 pounds, whereas Weller WE1010NA weighs 5.51 pounds.
Hakko FX888D dimensions are 9.6 x 9.6 x 7.3 inches, while Weller WE1010NA dimensions are 5.91 x 8.86 x 12.4 inches.
Hakko FX888D debuted in 2011 and Weller WE1010NA in 2017.
93 – 454 °C
50 to 480℃
Date First Available
November 16, 2017
February 3, 2011
3 Push Buttons Providing Easy Temperature Control
5.91 x 8.86 x 12.4 inches
9.6 x 9.6 x 7.3 inches
Is there a fuse in this unit?
Where do you go to acquire replacement tips? Do you know what the part number is?
When rated at 70 watts, how is it suitable for pcbs? Isn't the recommended wattage for electronics 40 watts?
How does "intuitive navigation" and "password protection" function in practice?
Is it real or fake? I've heard that many of the hakko fx888ds sold on Amazon are forgeries. Has anyone purchased from Ness Electronics?
Where is the Hakko FX888D-23BY manufactured?
What type of tip is included?
Is it OK to use a fx951 soldering iron on a fx888D?
Amazon.com Description: Weller WE1010NA vs Hakko FX888D
About this item -WE1010NA WE1/WEP70/PH70 SOLDERSTAT.120V
- 40% more powerful than the well-known WES and WESD stations, the 70-watt digital soldering station As a result, the iron heats up more quickly and recovers more quickly, completing the task with greater efficiency and accuracy.
- An ergonomic handle and simple toolless tip changing are features of this high performance 70W soldering iron. a pencil style that is lightweight and has a co-molded grip. The iron is securely stored in position between uses thanks to the inclusion of support in the new and improved safety rest.
- Modern housing with an accessible front panel power switch. a front switch for simple on/off and an easy-to-use LCD screen with three push buttons for temperature control. seamless navigation through all new SW features
- Includes one (1) We1 station with 120V power, one (1) Wep70 tip retainer, one (1) Wep70 iron, one (1) PH70 safety rest with sponge, and one (1) Eta tip screwdriver measuring 0.062 inches/1.6 millimeters.
One digital soldering power unit (WE1), a soldering iron (WEP70), a safety rest (PH70), and an ET solder tip are all included with the WE1010NA.
- The soldering iron and digital soldering power unit have a certificate of compliance for electrical safety, and they are both ESD-safe (UL and CE). It is advised to use the WE1010NA for low-voltage wiring, cable assembly, PCBs, electronic kits, radio-controlled devices, teaching, and simple professional soldering tasks. Hobby models, compact appliances, small engines, repairs, crafts, audio systems, and electrical systems are all acceptable uses.
- High-performance 70-watt soldering iron that is simple to use and has a heat-resistant silicon cable for handling safety. This Weller soldering station is packed with innovative features, including easy-to-use navigation, an energy-saving standby mode, and auto setback. maintain settings
- To help you finish your soldering job more quickly, this Weller digital station is 40% more powerful than the two models it is replacing.
The protection of tips and components provided by temperature stability (+/- 40 f, 20 c) and temperature lock enables a consistently high-quality process with repeatable soldering results.
- Solder it, please. Weller unveils a brand-new soldering station intended for industrial and commercial applications. When you adjust the switch, turn it on, and start soldering, the Weller station is prepared.
About this item -Hakko FX888D-23BY Digital Soldering Station FX-888D FX-888 (blue & yellow)
The HAKKO FX-888D’s temperature range of up to 899°F makes soldering jobs simple. The Hakko FX-888D is rated best in class for power and performance, outperforming the competition.
Using the classic Hakko blue and yellow colors, it was created by the highly esteemed and award-winning Japanese product designer Kita Toshiyuki. comes with a thin, comfortable handpiece that is ideal for any soldering project.
An ergonomic, lightweight handpiece that enhances comfort and movement. built with a sensor and ceramic heating element to provide the power needed to finish the task.
The HAKKO FX-888D soldering station is sleek, small, and an excellent fit for any workbench. It is lightweight, adaptable, ESD-safe, and can hold a variety of various tips. All of this and more is supported by the Hakko quality, dependability, and power that you have come to expect.
HAKKO provides dependable digital technology with the HAKKO FX-888D. outstanding thermal recovery The heater output has been raised by 30% in comparison to the HAKKO 936–937 standard models.
The T18 series tips, which have good heat conductivity, are also used in the FX-888D to produce outstanding thermal recovery. This enables soldering at a lower set temperature while lowering tip oxidation, which can reduce tip life and the thermal impact on components.
Graph of thermal recovery Continuous work results in a rise time to 350 degrees Celsius that is 20 seconds faster and a slower temperature drop at the tip.